Created by Chicago-based Wellington Stone, a company renowned from the 1920s through the 1930s for its ornate cast brass floor lamps and bridge lamps, the original Parlor Putter debuted in 1920 and was produced until 1925.
Made of cast iron or brass, this Parlor Putter smoking stand features a dual shelf that supports 2 of the game's marked, wood shaft putters. Golf balls were displayed on the shelf's trio of shallow wells and two cast balls decorate the stand's center post. A basket-type tray that tops the post holds the stand's original ashtray.
Parlor putter stands are highly collectible today, as they make a fine office or game room display piece. However, the are very difficult to find in good condition, and exceptionally hard to find with the original “Parlor” brand putters. This original parlor putter both of its original putters. It also contains a large amount of its original paint.